In order to use its functions – you have to connect it to the SD card port of your phone. The SD port may be located on the left, right or rear (battery) part of your phone. If your phone has no SD port – you must use Y-cable.
There are 2 operation mode for XTC 2 Clip device:
- direct – when the phone is in fastboot mode & connected to the PC, using the XTC 2 Clip software
- offline – when using a SIM Lock menu of bootloader. To use the offline mode you must first save special service files on XTC 2 Clip device.
To use direct mode:
- Insert XTC 2 Clip device into phone SD card slot, power on phone into bootloader mode using “vol-down + pwr” button. And select “FASTBOOT” option.
- Connect phone to your PC.
- Run the XTC 2 Clip software and select “Direct mode”.
- Choose the desired operation and press corresponding button.
SIM LOCK FUNCTION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN DIRECT MODE! PLEASE USE OFFLINE MODE FOR SIM LOCK MANAGEMENT.
IF YOU GET A ‘SD CARD NOT FOUND’ MESSAGE – IT MEANS THAT THE XTC 2 CLIP WAS CONNECTED AFTER PHONE WAS POWERED ON. IN THIS CASE PRESS THE ‘REBOOT BOOTLOADER’ BUTTON AND REPEAT THE DESIRED
How to prepare service files on XTC 2 Clip device:
- Connect the XTC 2 Clip device to your PC using any compatible microsd card reader.
- The device will be detected as a flash/disk drive.
- Run the XTC 2 Clip software and select “SD editor” tab.
- If you have previously had your service files on your device, please press “Read from drive” button, otherwise you will lose all your existing files once used the “Save to drive”.
- Select the options you need and press “Save to drive”
- Insert XTC 2 Clip device into phone SD card slot, power on phone into bootloader mode using “vol-down + pwr” button and select “SIMLOCK” option.
THE SIM LOCK SETTINGS ARE BOUND TO THE PHONE’S IMEI. IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU NEED TO LOCK/UNLOCK A PHONE, YOU MUST ADD PHONE’S IMEI TO SPECIAL ‘CONFIG.DAT’ FILE USING THE ‘SD EDITOR’ TAB.
OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET ‘IMEI CHECKING FAIL’ AND YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BE UNLOCKED/LOCKED!
CID, IMEI, SECURITY FLAG SETTINGS ARE NOT BOUND, YOU CAN USE IT ON AS MANY PHONES AS YOU WISH WITHOUT HAVING TO CONNECT THE DEVICE TO PC EACH TIME.
Offline mode – manual files creation
It may happen that you need to create service files on a PC with no XTC 2 Clip software installed. In this case you can manually create the files for:
- IMEI repair – imei.txt
- Security level change – sf.txt
- CID change – cid.txt
Please note, that unlike mentioned files, SIM lock configuration ‘config.dat’ is a binary file, and you may need to use a hex editor to create it. Therefore it’s recommended that you use an XTC 2 Clip software to create/manage this file.
TO CREATE/MODIFY THE FILES YOU CAN USE SIMPLE ‘NOTEPAD’ SOFTWARE
To modify the phone’s IMEI you need to create a text file called ‘imei.txt’ in the root folder of a XTC 2 Clipdevice disk drive. Once created, put inside a 14 digits of a new IMEI, for example: 12345678901234
To modify the phone’s security level (S-ON/S-OFF) you need to create a text file called ‘sf.txt’ in the root folder of a XTC 2 Clip device disk drive. Once created, put inside a number that corresponds to the desire security level:
- 0 means security OFF (S-OFF)
- 1 means (S-ON level 1)
- 2 means (S-ON level 2)
- 3 means (S-ON level 3, highest)
To modify the phone’s CID you need to create a text file called ‘cid.txt’ in the root folder of a XTC 2 Clip device disk drive. Once created, put inside a 8 symbols of a new CID, for example: HTC__001